Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cpap progress

We're finally making some progress with the Cpap!  Karli & I went to the sleep lab at TX Children's last Friday for de-sensitization therapy.  It was tough, but after much bribing (haha) she finally wore the mask and let us turn the machine on.  The lab tech even took us to the gift shop and bought her a prize when we were done.  

Since Karli LOVES to watch movies, that's the only way we can get her to wear the mask.  So we've been taking the portable DVD player into her room at night.  Friday night she had the mask on for about an hour before she was done with it and wouldn't put it back on.  We didn't do anything Saturday because it was the day of her birthday party and she crashed before we could get anything set up.  Sunday she only kept it on about 20 minutes, but she laid her head on the pillow a couple of times for about 30 seconds so that was progress.  (She still hasn't actually slept with it on)  Last night was our best night by far with regard to how long she wore it (over 2 hours!), but she just couldn't/wouldn't settle down and close her eyes.  Finally about 11:00 I gave up and took it off so she could get some sleep.  I'm hoping after another night or two she'll get more relaxed with it on so that she can actually sleep with it.  Especially since that's the whole point of all of this, lol.  

I am very pleased though with her progress.  I'm hoping this is a good sign that we're on our way to her eventually sleeping all night with it and finally getting a good night's sleep!  

3 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I'm so glad to hear she is making progress!!!! :) I can't imagine how hard that would be to get used to!

Bethany said...

That is great Shylo!!

Kimberly said...

I know she's gonna get there.... great work Momma. I bet she'll be wearing it to sleep all night any day now. Thank God for Disney movies for Miss Princess.